Today I was feeling pretty good about myself. I managed to be properly dressed and ready for Seminary students by 6am. I ran the Resler Hills in my best time ever. I made it to my forgotten hair appointment on time, showered even, and ended up with a haircut I really like. I put on my new Vera Wang $4 clearance sale t-shirt, $6 clearance sale capri jeans and cute hand-me-down flip flops (thanks, Tanja!) to take Kris to Walmart.
All the way to the store Kris told me that it was "ridicoolus" for me to be dressed this way. The kind of pants I was wearing would be illegal in Gresham, and so would the flip flops! Summer is over and I should not dress like this. People would be "madder than hops". He was not being mean or ugly, he was just concerned because the sky was grey and big fat rain drops were starting to fall. And the temperature had dropped to a chilly 90º (but it's 155º in Gresham today!).
~ ~ ~
Kris showed up at the check-out counter with a large bag of Cheet-O's, pulling out a gift card to pay for them. The last time we were at Walmart he had used up what was left on his gift card, but this was a different one. When it was swiped it showed that the card had not been activated. Hmmmm.
"Kris, where did you get the card?!"
"Over there", pointing to another check-out lane.
"On the rack?"
"Yep".

when i read this post all i could think about all day was the picture of the pie. all afternoon. all evening. i finally made ben drive me to the grocery store to buy a [mini] apple pie that we split and topped off with vanilla ice cream. i ate all of my share. it was so good. so. so. good. i am still drooling over it today. thanks for the idea.
ReplyDeleteps. i initially thought about baking a pie. slightly ridiculous of me, after a long day. i really didn't feel like baking a pie. and the thought of spending hours baking a pie is what initially post-poned the whole ordeal.
ReplyDelete