![]() |
| Groundhog Day |
Due to extreme cold Kris and I decided to shake things up a bit and do something new today. We ended up going to Village Inn for breakfast - isn't that just about as exciting as you can imagine?!? Kris enjoyed his big mug of hot cocoa and buttermilk pancakes with carmel & pecan syrup. I had no trouble finishing off a 2-2-2. There were plenty of El Pasoans who had the same idea, it was a very cozy and friendly crowd!
![]() |
| Kris wasn't quite sure why Tabasco sauce came with his breakfast |
Other recent events and experiences you may like to know about:
Last night we had a lovely dinner at the Olive Garden with Jeff & Louise, who are in Las Cruces for work-related reasons this week. They left Pierre, South Dakota to escape the cold....surprise, surprise, surprise! Kris is always happy with an OG experience because he knows he'll get lots of Dr. Pepper and a big slice of cheesecake. There were only two blackouts while we were there; our dining experience wasn't too badly disrupted.
Last month Kris was pretty excited to show me what he bought for his brother's birthday at Circle K:
Keven wasn't the least bit disappointed either, and we all had a nice chips and queso fest!
Kris was very pleased with the vintage-type record player/radio Santa jumped through hoops to bring him, along with an Elvis album, for Christmas. Some very special elves made sure he had these goodies for Christmas morning!
![]() |
![]() |
| He wasn't quite sure what to do with the Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce Sven & Hyuna sent him, though! |
Sonja, you'll be pleased to know that the flame has returned! (inside joke)







oh, I am glad you got a snow day (or 2...or 3?!?). I wish there was a VI up here, always missing their pies. IHOP will do- got my fix last weekend. And I wish I could have joined you for olive garden, because I have been craving that the past few weeks, and I think it is only bc Kris loves it so much. We don't have one near us, so it keeps us safe. Happy Winter!
ReplyDeletePS spring should come sooner though, hooray!