Our ten-day trip to Cleveland and Salt Lake (flying) was followed by another trip to Salt Lake (driving) a few weeks later. Kris seemed more than content to be back home enjoying the comforts of his room and routine after we finally made it back from round two. All in all he was a great traveler and didn't even argue with the TSA agents on the 1st trip; he seemed to really enjoy the road trip, and made sure he rode shotgun at every opportunity.
Soren gave Kris his phone to listen to music while he soaked up some sun.
Kris was singing along with Elvis and earned himself a sunburn, but never complained.
With Mitchell before Mitchell's baptism
Aubree and Kris meeting Tanja & Brad's back door neighbors
More sunshine, waiting for WAFFLES!
Kris: Oh, put that camera away!
Me: (snap, snap, snap) OK
(But he LOVES to look at this blog and see his pictures, so I don't really, I just get sneakier.)
Putting in his two cents worth
Kris waited patiently for me to share Jill that day.
And he never complains when I take pictures of him holding the babies!
Shopping Trip
When Ayrel & Ben were in town Ben was kind enough to help Kris pick out a new pair of much-needed shoes:
Several days later as we were getting ready to go somewhere I asked Kris if he would like to wear his new shoes.
Kris: Nah. Not my style. Too (mumble-jumble-something-or-another). My shoes are fine.
Me: Well, maybe in a month or two then.
Most Sundays while we are at church Kris empties all the trash cans in the house, Isn't that so sweet??! so I usually leave the kitchen trash for him. But because we were having company for dinner and it was pretty full (and smelly) I took it out one Sunday morning. When I opened the lid on the outdoor container I found sitting on top of everything Kris's new shoes! I'm sure there was an audible gasp. And then fits of laughter. And then the realization that if I had not taken out the trash that morning I would have never figured out what had happened to his shoes....the empty box was still in his room.
A "thumbs down" after all - but thank you, Ben!
I am happy to report, though, that last Saturday we went to Wally's World for our (almost) weekly shopping trip - he happily picked out 2 new pairs of pants, a 6-pack of underwear, and some soft fleece-lined moccasins ( for going out to the mailbox). And a wrestling magazine. And a bag of York Peppermint Patties. Oh, and of course, a case of Dr Pepper. It was a good shopping trip for him, and he has been exceedingly content ever since. Maybe one day we will find some new shoes that fit his style....


what a sport. looks like he had a great time with the kids.
ReplyDelete