Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hablas Espanol?

Kris was initially rather irritated by all the conversations in Spanish he heard when he moved to El Paso,  and especially so when they occurred in our home. I'm sure he felt his personal space was being compromised. Sometimes he would make subtle comments like, "In Gresham, no one speaks Spanish. It's illegal."

I haven't paid attention, but in retrospect I think the comments have ebbed a bit. He has told people that both his brothers speak Spanish just fine, but he doesn't because he's not related. Being a Baker, and all.

I think my chin dropped to the floor this morning when he greeting Bertha with an almost-perfect, "¿Cómo estás?" ☺




1 comment:

  1. this makes me laugh. when we went to hobby lobby- he told me quite loudly that the woman helping us find velcro was spanish. he could "hear" it.

    ReplyDelete