Kris loves being in charge of the freezer's ice supply. He has a very specific way he likes to arrange his ice when he has a Dr Pepper and so makes sure there is always plenty on hand. Sometimes after a shopping trip the number of items that need to be kept frozen take up some of the freezer space he maintains for his comfort zone. In other words, they infringe upon his good nature. And so, on occasion he resorts to placing freezer items in the fridge. Most of the time I find them in time to return them to the freezer (and reorganize things a bit better so he's willing to leave them there.) Sometimes we get to eat something sooner than we planned, and a few times I've just had to chuck things. He especially doesn't like the way the bananas I freeze for smoothies look because they are the most frequent victims of his purging.
Today we went to a whole new level. In my efforts to get some of the things we need for the reunion (Dutch oven and measuring stick at the top of the list!) I decided to move a few boxes and make a stab at a bit of organization in the garage. I just happened to open one box that was sitting on top of a bin of Easter decorations. Yup, 3 bags of not-even-close to frozen food sat nicely on top of some of the lovely linens from Grandma Hallie. Nothing was rotten, so I'm guessing they were placed there since our last shopping trip a week ago. Good bye, lovely Oregon Marion berries (that leaked onto some of grandma's beautiful embroidered napkins). Adios yummy homemade beef stew. Au revoir Bertolli chicken parmigiana.
I sure do hope there aren't any more surprises in the garage, but if we come back home to a rotten smell we will at least have a clue as to why....
Maybe you should invest in a small freezer for him. :) Or a bigger one for you!
ReplyDelete