Saturday, November 8, 2014
Anyway, like I was sayin' ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhfK98f5S00
Please watch the above clip before reading any further.
There has been a marked decline in the amount of baking I have done since becoming an empty nester. Today I broke form and whipped out the mixer to bake up a double batch of chunky chocolate chip cookies to share with some deserving folks.
Kris immediately caught on to what was happening. He spent the entire time I was in the kitchen sitting at the counter talking to me. About halfway through the process I realized that he was on the third or fourth round of naming every yummy dessert he could think of that his mom would make: peanut butter cookies; oatmeal cookies; pumpkin cookies; coconut cookies; coconut cream pie; lemon meringue pie ("Mom's favorite, but she liked to go to Marie Callendar's"); pumpkin pie; German chocolate cake; burnt sugar cake; bread pudding (Dad's favorite); etc., etc. It really made me smile!
Note to self: bake goodies for the menfolk a little more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bahahahahaha, that's hilarious (especially the Marie Calendar part)!!!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!!
ReplyDelete