Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Sunday Stroll

It's been a while since I've walked down to Circle K with Kris, but today provided a great opportunity to do so, and off we went. I learned a few things along the way:

Kris pays a lot of attention to the birds, and has become quite an expert:

  • Did you know that we have Australian birds in the area? He can tell because they make a different sound. And they have black and white stripes.
  • Kelly taught birds in Japan how to speak Spanish.
  • Whenever Kris heard a bird he would look up and say, "Hello, Birdie!"

He also talked about how both of his brothers had motorcycles, but he was too little back then so he never rode on one. When I asked him if he would like to go for a ride on a motorcycle he answered without hesitation, "I would like that!"

He was great company and seemed pleased to have me along. As we left Circle K, he called over his shoulder to the fellow who had helped him "Say 'Hi!' to Maria!" 

"Who's Maria?" I asked.

"She helps me a lot. She's nice. I like her long hair." 

So many people are so good to Kris! 








No comments:

Post a Comment