Last night, soon after going to bed, I heard Chia give one sharp yelp. Before I could get down the stairs there was another. Kris was right behind me. We found Chia lying on the rug next to her bed, unable to get up. After tucking her back in and soothing her he and I spoke again about how she was getting weaker and weaker.
This morning she was sleeping soundly when I left on a run. When I returned Kris was waiting for me in the living room. As soon as he saw me he put his hands over his eyes, and I knew what that meant. There were some tears and hugs, some tender moments. He definately wanted to come with me to take her little body to the vet's, where they would take care of a proper disposal. While waiting there we visited with a woman who was holding an adoreable little white fluff of a dog on her lap named Cocoa. Kris was quite charmed and quite charming.
Later today we made our standard grocery run. As we walked past the pet food aisle Kris said, "We don't need to get any food for Chia now, but when I get my new dog maybe I can get Cocoa".
Best pals.
ReplyDeleteSweet Chia! Poor Kris.
ReplyDeleteBut there's always Tofi! :)
Sad! aww- I guess he is already looking- tell your neighbors to watch out, their dog might go missin' ;)
ReplyDeletehmm, the last time i heard someone tell Laurie to "tell your neighbors to watch out, their dog might go missin'" was right after I returned home from my mission.
ReplyDelete