Saturday, April 7, 2012

Surprise!



This past Sunday morning as we finished enjoying yet another fine edition of "Waffles by Keven" Kris informed us that the best waffles were the ones mom had made with her Mickey Mouse waffle iron.

Hurray! An idea for his upcoming birthday! This is one of the reasons I love Amazon - I was able to order it on Monday and it was delivered on Wednesday. Our conversation at dinner that night was something like this:

Kris: There's that package that came today. When you going to see what it is?

Me: Oh, I already know what's in it! (big grin)

Kris: (total look of surprise)

Me: Would you like to know?

Kris: Sure!

Me: It's your birthday present!!!

Kris: (total look of surprise + big grin)

Me: Do you want to open it now?

Kris: Sure!

Me: Nope, we need to wait for your birthday! (I know, kinda mean) I still need to wrap it and put a card with it. OK?!?

Kris: OK. In Gresham I always open my presents early.

But he still had a big grin and kept eyeing the package during the rest of the meal.


Silly me, left for work the next day without putting the package out of sight.

Silly Kris couldn't stand the suspense and opened it while I was gone.

So now I'm not sure if we should have Keven make Mickey Mouse waffles for Easter breakfast in the morning or if I should still wrap it up for the birthday celebration on Thursday....

No comments:

Post a Comment