Kris was thrilled to find an Easter basket with his name on it, and he had a lot of fun searching for eggs with Mary Louise.
I love that Kris gets so excited about Easter. He talks about egg hunts and Easter baskets full of surprises and candy for weeks in advance. Even more important to him, though, are all the television movies depicting the life of Jesus Christ. Along with
his standard soaps and cooking shows he has been watching religious features such as 'Ben Hur', 'The Ten Commandments', and 'The Bible' endlessly.
When our home teacher was sharing some thoughts about the atonement and the crucifixion Kris quickly shared his own, pulling Charlton Heston and Mel Gibson into the conversation.
Last week I heard an announcement coming from the TV in his room that went something like: "You are watching the Trinity Broadcasting station, for people who love Jesus."
Immediately I heard Kris say with great sincerity and reverence, "Oh, I DO love Jesus. I DO."
And I know he does.
Melt.my.heart.
ReplyDeletesweet.
ReplyDelete