Saturday, September 28, 2013

Kris + Babies = ♥ Melt

Kris loves babies!
He has helped us welcome 3 new little ones into the family in the last 2 years:
 
Jill Paige
May 2011

 
 
Avery Joy
July 2011 

 
 
William Davis
June 2013
 


 
 
He also likes to hang out with his older great-nieces and nephews.

 
Especially if it involves ice cream!
 
Of course I was pretty excited to tell him that TWO more babies are on the way!
His reaction was not at all what I expected:
 
Kris (looking very serious and rubbing his chin): What do you think about that?
 
Me: It's wonderful news!
 
Kris: What does your husband think about that?
 
Me: He's excited too. What do you think about it?
 
Kris: Well, my dad would be madder than hops. And my mom too.
 
I know it's serious when he brings both dad and mom into the conversation.
 
Me: Why do you think they would be mad? I'm pretty sure they're happy too!
 
Kris: My dad, he thinks that's too many.
 
Aha, a clue! It hasn't been very long since we were all together in Utah with the usual mayhem and chaos. My guess is that's what he's thinking about, but I'm pretty sure when he meets the new little ones he will be just as tender and loving as always.
 
We'll just make sure we have an extra ice cream run or two with the entire motley crew.
 
Bonus Picture:
Melt

No comments:

Post a Comment